1. Exfoliate 3 to 4 days consecutively prior to your sunless tan.
2. Exfoliate thoroughly the night before your tan. Do not use soap or products while you exfoliate other than a mitt and an exfoliator.
3. Shave 24 hours in advance, and any waxing services must be done 48hrs, prior to your appointment.
4. All manicures and pedicures should be done 24 hours in advanced. If you’re getting a pedicure or manicure the ay of your appointment make sure the technician doesn’t lotion your hands or legs prior to your tanning appointment. (Lotion can act as a barrier to your tan and prevent even absorption.)
5. Do not exercise the day of your appointment after your tanning service, excess sweating will effect your tan.
6. Do not apply deodorant, moisturizer or wear makeup during your tanning session. These can act as a barrier to your tan and prevent even absorption.
7. Wear loose, dark clothing and underwear after your tanning appointment. The cosmetic bronzer in the tan may rub off slightly but will easily wash out of most fabrics. Do not wear jeans or tight pants after the spray tan is applied.
1. Do not wear tight clothes right after your airbrush tan, until after your first shower.
2. Refrain from wearing long boots or tight socks; it can cause ‘tan lines’
3. Avoid contact with water while marinating in your glow, depending on what solution that has been applied. Water will ruin your tan, by reacting with the DHA.
4. Wait at least 8-12 hours before showering following your tan application. You will see the color washing off the first time you shower. This is just the bronzing agent (DHA) washing off not your tan.
1. Avoid soaps that have exfoliating elements (physical or chemical) and use gentle cleansers.
2. Cut back on using makeup wipes, the hash exfoliation can cause an uneven tan.
3. Apply a moisturizer as often as required following your post tan shower. Your tan will gradually fade until your next exfoliation and tanning session. Drier skin exfoliated quicker so moisturizing between sessions is essential to keep your tan alive.
4. Your tan should last you 6-9 days and even longer with our after care products.
5. Avoid hot tubs, Jacuzzi’s, Saunas or swimming pools with Chlorine it may
decrease the length of your tan.
6. Oily skin types usually develop lighter and either require an extra spray after 24-48
hours to get your base coat. Also you can just leave it on longer than the developing time
7. A Woman’s tan can be directly affected by her hormones. Considering her cycle, it can cause blotchiness or the color not to develop as dark as normally. It’s not common, but it happens.